Le 31 mars 2016, 10:50 dans Mode • 0
Diamonds might still be considered as a girl's best friend, but they can never replace the heirloom ornaments passed onto us by our grandmothers, the junk jewellery we've picked up from the tapris of India's famous shopping hubs and the semi-precious jewellery pieces we buy every now and then. While we are sure our jewellery boxes are so loaded that they can turn anybody green with envy, we are still wondering whether what we have inside the curios is actually something we wear so often. And, to enlighten you on your jewellery choices, we got in touch with four of India's leading bijouterie specialists to find out the current must-haves in your trinket box.
Jewellery designer and consultant, Ritika Bhasin feels accessories add more glamour and charm to one's look and while stylish clothes are of umpteen importance, no modern woman can complete her desired look without picking up apt jewellery for the occasion.
Ritika lists out a few tips to build up that perfect jewellery collection:
1. Cocktail Ring - You don't need to be married or engaged to own that big rock and if you are not a diamond person, you can opt for a fashionable semi-precious cocktail ring, which can prove to be your ultimate accessory every day. You can choose from a sophisticated to a vintage ring, a chunky over-the-top one to a slender one, geometric to daring, but if you don't own a cocktail ring, then you're certainly oblivious of the charms it possesses.
2. Studs/Hoops/Chandelier Earrings - A woman can make the most subtle style statement ever by donning a pair of small yet classy studs. Elegant and eternal, you can never go wrong with diamond studs. They are the best choice for women who like to go minimalistic. If aversive to diamonds, try different hued studs carved in silver, they are a classic essential.
Like flirty and fun jewellery? Then hoop earrings have to be your pick. Choose between gold and silver and you are good to go any day.
If going minimalistic is not your style then a pair of chandelier earrings can be your best friend on a night out or a day soiree. Dazzling, bold and big, these earrings will stay in fashion till eternity.
3. Long Necklace - If you haven't inherited a long necklace from your mother, it's time to invest in one because they look perfect with absolutely anything, Indian or contemporary.
4. Bracelet/Bangle - If not a watch person, you ought to be a bracelet person who loves to flaunt a delicate thing around the wrist. Either go plain Jane and pick up fine gold bangles of various shapes and sizes or pick up a chunky fashion bracelet bejewelled with semi-precious stones. For a classier look, invest in a basic diamond tennis bracelet which never goes out of vogue.
5. Pearls - Most underrated form of jewellery, pearl pieces whether in the form of layered necklaces, delicate bracelets or flowy earrings have had a reputation of suiting the Indian skin tone to perfection. And, those of you who don't have a single piece of this sea jewel in your collection, you are certainly missing the fun of exuding class in minimalism.
According jewellery couturier Akanksha Chowdhry and the woman behind brand Nayirah, " Women today are making a conscious effort to look good! And if clothes are the cake, then jewellery is the icing. Whether a simple neckpiece with a drop pendant or a bracelet with tassels, accessories are a must."
As per Akanksha, the must have jewellery pieces for her would definitely be a pair of hoop earrings, a hand harness that fulfills the need for both a bracelet and a ring and a chic neck-piece.
"Since it's the onset of summer, there's a bigger focus on Swarovski stones and tassels which are elegant, subtle and chic. A pair of jeans, a white shirt, a tasseled neckpiece and you are good to go," adds Akanksha.
Get back to the roots
Bollywood jewellery designers, Vinay and Anirudh Gupta of Shri Hari Diagems, who designed Deepika Padukone's jhumkas, haath phool and neck pieces in epic drama, Bajirao Mastani feel it's best to style your antique heirloom pieces and fuse them with modern clothing to include these wondrous ornaments in your jewellery collection, instead of letting them rot inside your back lockers.
"Wear your grandmother's choker necklace as an arm band and style it pretty with any outfit. Also, a vintage broach can look lovely as a maang tikka for that evening wedding," suggest the duo.
"Antique polki maharani haars have become the hottest trend this season since they strike the perfect balance between classic and modern elegance and it's a must to include these in your collection," add the designers.
According to the duo, it's the best time to tell your mother to dig into her closet and share some of her timeless jewels with you because modern Indian woman is in mood for some experimentation.Read more at:vintage evening dresses | formal dresses online australia